Belly, Product Lead & Front-End Engineer
July 2013 – May 2016
- Product Lead & Senior Front-End Engineer on a variety of mobile, growth/marketing (A/B testing, inbound lead gen, data analytics, churn), SMB, and email products.
- Built things with React Native, Angular.JS, Backbone.JS, SASS, coffeescript, and ES6.
Sept 2012 – Jan 2014
- iPhone app that scans paper event tickets into your phone. Patent pending.
Acceptd, Technical Lead
April 2012 – Present
- Technical Lead for Acceptd, a platform that manages the student application process for over 120 Fine Arts programs, including Juilliard.
- Built with Backbone.JS, CakePHP, FFmpeg, and Twitter Bootstrap.
Links: Acceptd Site
Dryer Bro, Co-Creator
- iPhone app built for CSE 772 at Ohio State that alerts you when your laundry is done.
- Responsible for iPhone app development and design, marketing website, and Twilio Integration.
Hacker Follow, Co-Creator
- Follow Hacker News users’ posts and comments.
- Built in 8 hours with @gilbert.
- A satirical site which generates startup pitches.
Browse For A Cause, Founder
March 2009 – Present
- Donates to charity when you shop online.
- Did all web programming, design, browser plugins, and PR outreach.
Cloudera, Intern and Lead Web Engineer
June 2009 – May 2011
- I managed the frontend and backend of Cloudera’s website. Wrote a custom CMS on top of WordPress and manage ongoing conversion funnel optimizations.
- Worked on Cloudera Enterprise and helped build GUI for Hadoop clusters using Django and MooTools.
March 2008 – January 2009
- Wrote analytics and location-based ad platform for iPhone applications.
- Created iPhone Application generator to convert RSS feeds into an app.
February 2007 – August 2007
- Part-time software engineer while in high school.
- Worked on original browser plugins, wordpress plugin, JS sharing widgets, and website.
March 2006 – February 2008
- A file distribution network which mirrors uploads on several other upload websites (MediaFire, Megaupload, Rapidshare, etc) using Amazon EC2.
All original content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 U.S. License except that which is quoted or attributed to others. You may reproduce or modify this content, but you must provide proper attribution.